Derived from the NSV classification, can be used for analysis of medical and surgical items.
- Free to download
- Hierarchy similar to NSV
- Heading level only, no item level codes or standardized descriptions
- Codes difficult to find and use
- Headings added or changed frequently, making it difficult to stay up to date, or know which version is being used
- Cannot be applied uniformly or quality assured
- Cannot be used to collaborate on procurement or share information other than at a very high level
- It is not a foundation for moving forward to full coding.
- Some headings are confusing as they are duplicated in other areas